09 March 2014

Training for Ironman Chattanooga

The training and coaching blog has been quiet for quite a while now. This year's number one goal and "A race" is Ironman Chattanooga at the end of September. I'll be training for the next many months. I've set time and age-group place goals which I'll share at some point in the journey. I have more things on my plate than ever before while training for an Ironman. Coaching, a full-time job (very grateful), and my wife and family too. Friends? I think I've been very neglectful of my friends, unless they're triathletes or want to train with me.

I'm also doing this even as a member of Team Challenge. I'm being coached online by Jimmy Edwards. I'm also one of the other 3 coaches. As an athlete I'm doing fundraising for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America, an important and personally meaningful cause. The fundraising, coaching, and training are all in full swing! I'm hoping that being coached by an excellent coach (and great guy besides) will help me find the key to success and raising my game.

We are building base right now. I put in more than I was supposed to (bad boy!) though I did treat it as a recovery week. 3 swims, 3 bikes, 2 1/2 runs, and 2 strength training sessions were done this week. 11 hours 19 minutes of training. Slightly sprained my right ankle while coaching on Saturday morning. A big bummer but was improved on Sunday so I'm optimistic that it will only be a slight setback that will heal quickly.

Help raise funds for CCFA to find a cure and support me as I train for Ironman Chattanooga. No amount is too small! CCFA is a 4 Star nonprofit (the highest rating), awarded for a 3rd straight year by CharityNavigator.org.
https://tinyurl.com/TeamChallengeSlade

No comments:

Post a Comment