30 April 2013

Posting Workouts? Monday, 29 April 2013

It's been a long time since I maintained a training log on this blog. Not sure it's sustainable but I'm taking a new stab at it...

8:30 - Podiatrist Appt. - confessed my non compliant ways, having not worn the "boot" on my right foot for the prescribed 8 weeks. After receiving an injection of kenalog and wearing the boot for 2 weeks, beginning therapy (ART), and feeling pain free, and not being able to reach the doctor, I went without. I have worn the night splint every night, which helps. Pain returned after 2 weeks of walking, standing, and touristing in England. Some discomfort at the end of each day in London but nothing big. The pain that returned is not in the same inside spot on the heel. Instead it's been to the outer edge. Also some on the side of the heel - different.
No injection. Doc told me to take anti-inflammatory for 2 weeks and use a topical anti-inflammatory (Voltaren Gel - diclofenac sodium topical gel 1%) on the heel. Will use the 1 week supply of Celebrex that I have left and then switch to Advil. Celebrex under my prescription plan is $165 for about a month supply.
Continuing with therapy, icing, stretching, and strengthening.

Strength Training (5:40pm) - After a 3 week layoff, this is my 2nd week back. Last week i eased into it - 1st day doing 1 set of 12 at around 1 plate less than where i left off. That's at least 10%. 2nd day I did 2 sets of 12. Objective was to build back without getting overly sore. I wanted to limit soreness and if there was any i didn't want it to linger more than a day. Most core work was ramped up by day 2 to "normal" levels. Tonight I did 2 sets of 12, not adding more weight but moving more slowly and deliberately. I will settle into that type of movement this week before beginning to up the weight next week as my body adapts. Only fit part of the core work in. Will finish it in the morning after a swim and elliptical session before work.

Just to get this in my log, Saturday I did a 2150 Freestyle straight swim - 31:11

No comments:

Post a Comment