08 June 2015

Get Sladed!

I've been asked what "Get Sladed" actually means. Get Sladed has at least 3 meanings:

  1. Verb - to be coached by Skip and/or Linda Slade and be exposed to their belief in your ability to overcome (possibly imagined) limitations and to their philosophy of joy and gratitude. (Alternative spelling: GetSladed. Past tense: Got Sladed) Example: Linda taught me how to swim and I moved up from the "Minnows" right to the "B" group. I Got Sladed!
  2. Verb + adjective - to be physically exhausted from a workout but feeling happy to be done and happy to have survived. Example: I Got Sladed today when I did a 5 hour hilly ride and followed it with a 45 minute brick run.
  3. Alternative: Noun - a group of people cheering, supporting, and being "spectathletes" when Skip or Linda is racing in an event. Example: I went to Ironman Arizona and spent the entire, long day spectating as part of the Get Sladed Nation. I should have trained for it!
#getsladed

No comments:

Post a Comment