12 May 2007

Encinitas Try

It's about a week until the Encinitas "Sprint" Triathlon on May 20th and it'll be my first. My goal is no longer just to try to finish but to finish in under 2 hours. It's a 750 yd swim, 20K bike, and 5K run. Training has been good so now I'm figuring out what I need specifically on race day. Gotta make a list so I don't get there and start thinking I had this item or that one. Here's my list:

  • A bagel and a banana
  • 2 bottles of PowerBar Endurance Sport Drink
  • 1 PowerBar gel
  • 3 antacid tabs (I gots a little problem, so...)
  • Speedo, wetsuit, goggles, cap
  • Plastic pan, gallon water, small towel
  • Bike, bike shorts, helmet, glasses, shirt, shoes, socks
  • Running shorts, ipod & headphones (if permitted)
  • Performance enhancing drugs
  • Acceptance speech prepared for awards ceremony

Did I forget anything? Comments gladly accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment