05 May 2009

Monday 27 April - Sunday 3 May 2009

(beginning of the week)It's been tough to put in the effort, for spin workouts especially. Not sure why but I think there are 3 reasons. 1st, I haven't fully recovered from Ironman 70.3 California and I'm coming down from the race high. 2nd, I'm not yet following an actual training plan. I started figuring out the calendar, how many weeks to IM Arizona, etc., but haven't yet started the specific training yet. 3rd, 30 weeks is a long haul with no other events planned besides the La Jolla Rough Water and the Mission Bay Tri (swim leg only). With my foot on hold I have NO plans to do any running, especially races, until I feel like I've made good progress with the plantar faciitus. I need events for motivation so I'll need to find some.
(end of the week) This has not been a good week. Though I hadn’t really noticed before, I am experiencing some heel/foot pain when I ride an exercise or spin bike. It is not always on the bottom of the foot. Today there was pain on the left side where the heel transitions to the midfoot. There’s also been pain at the back of the heel going up toward the Achilles.
In addition, my right knee (bottom side)has been bothering me for a couple of weeks or more. It’s only been when I stand on the bike but today I felt it as I walked around Chicago after agrivating it on the exercise bike.
Add to all this 4 to 5 lbs of weight gain since the race and I’m feeling very discouraged. And depressed. And defeated. Since I’m in Chicago and can’t easily swim I think I’ll not ride the exercise bike either and wait until I return home Wednesday to start back up. For now it will just be walking to get places. I’ve had tape on since Saturday and that helps. But it’s discouraging to have attained a high level of fitness and now watch it trickle away the longer I have to lay off.
I need to find solutions. I’m not willing to believe that 52 is too old for doing distance triathlon.

Monday
Day off. Physical Therapy

Tuesday
Swim am 3100 yd

3,2,1
4 x100 IM on 1:45
5 x 200 Fr on 3:00 - 241, 41, 39, 37, 37
4 x 100 Fr P on 1:30
4 x 100 Fr K
200 SD

pm 45 min Water Run
Lift weights

Wednesday
7am Spin class - 14 min warm up, 45 min class

pm 60 min spin bike ride

Thursday
Swim 3400 yd
45 min Water run

Friday
Spin bike
?

Saturday
Travel to chicago - no workout
walking

Sunday
In Chicago
Walking
Exercise bike 60 min
HR135/121; 563 cal
foot hurt some

No comments:

Post a Comment