14 March 2011

Monday 7 March - Sunday 13 March 2010

Written Monday 3/13 - This was a build week, week #13, in preparation for IMTX. I missed a day and a half of training due to health stuff. With pouchitis (similar to ulcerative colitus) being treated with antibiotics, I'm feeling better. However, since my pouch/internal reservoir had not been scoped in probably a decade, I went in for a "no colon" colonoscopy which included biopsying 3 polyps. I hadn't realized this would take me out of afternoon training or a suggested (mandatory?) break from weight training. I missed 1 bike and 1 run workout. Plus, with a strained calf, I did 3 water runs instead of the usual 4 run workouts.

I so want to do well (and finish!) Oceanside 70.3 on April 2nd. This calf injury from my long run 10 days ago is quite frustrating. Of course I'm doing what I can to work around it, planning to be fully recovered on race day.
Linda is back to work and did 10 min on the exercise bike and 20 walk on the treadmill on Sunday - a good start! No swimming yet as her shoulder still aches. She may also be experiencing muscle ache due to chemo... not sure.
Weighed 155 lbs during the week.

Week Totals
Swim 3 times - 9650 yd
Bike 3 times - 3x Road 6:46 (114.9 mi)
Run 3 times - 0x run :; 0x eliptical :; 3x water 2:45; 0x stairmaster :
Strength Training - 1x upper, 3x core, 1x lower
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mon  rest day
etc
Fri 
am - Road bike ride at moderate to high aerobic 1:33, 26.7 miles
HR146/123ave
Zone1- 5min, z2- 16, z3- 51, z4- 25
pm - Water Run :45
7 x 30 sec bursts
Sat
am - Swim 3800 yd; Core; 20 min sauna
600 wu; 3000 Free - 43:58; 200 sd
pm - Water Run 1:00
Sun
am - Modified Brick 3:12/1:00
Road bike ride 3:12, 53.6 miles - very bundled up
HR137/120ave; z2- :44, z3- 2:15, z4- 8
Transition ~:12
Water Run 1:00
pm - no strength training - restart next week

2 comments:

  1. Ok so because I like you and I have such respect for you, I will not be to hard on you....

    But at the beginning of your blog you state the date that you worte this post. If Sunday was the 13th, then I think Monday was the 14th. LOL (*L*)

    But really Skip I am so proud to know you and I think for every thing you went through this past week you did amazing stuff. Keep up the good work. I hope you get a chance to meet up with my Parents in Oceanside. I am going to tell them all about you and to keep an eye out for your Team Sladed Shirts. keep up the great work my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooops, ya got me there! Please DO let them know. I plan to go to the awards/rolldown this year and I'll try to wear my 'get sladed' t-shirt. If not that I will FOR SURE have on a pink and white cap with a pink breast cancer ribbon on the front. Possible exception is if I can't do the run segment cuz of the calf tear.

    ReplyDelete