20 June 2011

Monday 13 June - Saturday 19 June 2011

Linda had her first post-treatment MRI last week and it came back 'clean'. We are relieved and very happy. The joys of taking Tamoxifen will continue for the next 5 years, as will a rotating monthly doctor appointment.

Time is more crunched than ever so posting to my own blog has been nearly impossible. I took 2 weeks off from training after Ironman Texas, more or less. Surprisingly I was not very sore and by about the 4th or 5th day I felt like I could run again... but didn't. I saw my physical therapist and she was surprised how well I came out of the race. My body didn’t show much in the way of imbalances. I began swimming the 2nd week after IMTX and then a little running but held off on the bike a little longer.

This past week was my 2nd week of Ironman Arizona-specific training. It is a challenge to figure out how to get everything in with all the time needed for coaching others. Because they rely on me, that has to be a high priority. And my family priorities have not been in balance lately so things will have to be managed better as I learn what I can do and what I have to let go of. One of those things will likely be this weekly workout blog, as DOING the training is more important than POSTING the training. It will have to be a "hit and miss" I'm afraid. It also looks like I'll have to give up on making Monday an off day and instead take 2 or 3 evenings off instead so that I can coach. Still figuring that schedule out.



Other than the various “challenges”, things went fine this week though it’s hard to separate how I felt my training went with how my Team Challenge group trainings went. Got in nearly all my training. Strength training is a struggle though and only managed to get that in twice. I’m looking at resorting to twice a week for that with such a time crunch. Marc was down for the weekend and it was Corey’s birthday on Saturday and we had fun going to dinner. Sunday I got to start the day with a Brick workout – 1:55 ride to La Jolla and back along the coast with Marc, followed by a 20 min run. Then finished cleaning and getting ready for a family BBQ.

Monday – Treadmill Run with/4 x 20 sec sprint, 40 sec recovery; strength training
Tuesday – Swim 2500 yd, 40 min run; Team Challenge swim workout
Wednesday – Trainer Bike Ride 1:25 w/8 x 20 sec sprint, 2min recovery; strength training
Thursday - Road Run :50
Friday - Trainer Ride 1:00
Saturday – Team Challenge group ride. Swim 2700 yd (2000 Free – 28:20 w/500 splits of 7:07, 708, 704, 701 – 28:25 last week); Corey's Birthday
Sunday – Brick 1:55/:20; Father's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment