03 August 2015

Dear Driver

Dear Driver,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk
As a driver in the city and the suburbs you know how bad the traffic can be. It's so very frustrating to sit in slow moving traffic or traffic that's come to a dead stop. It's annoying to have to wait for ill-timed traffic lights or at busy 4-way stops. You're trying to get where you want to go and wish you could just have clear sailing to your destination. I know because I'm one of those drivers.

I also know that you're not JUST a driver. You might be a wife or husband, mother or father, son or daughter, grandparent, brilliant student, big partier (who hopefully doesn't drink and drive), loner, couch potato, athlete, church or temple or mosque goer, atheist or agnostic, volunteer for worthy causes or keep to yourself, liberal, conservative, or independent-minded. Maybe you're the picture of health or have significant medical issues. You might be going through tough times, happy with your life, or be somewhere in between. Of course none of us are perfect - who is? I know I'm not.

The point is though, you are not JUST A DRIVER driving your car. I understand because I'm a mixture of many things, just like you. So the next time you're driving please keep that in mind when you are making what could be life-or-death driving decisions.

Sincerely,

Not Just a Cyclist

No comments:

Post a Comment