16 July 2018

Ironman Chattanooga in 11 weeks (IMAZ in 18 wks)

This is the 5th update on training for Ironman Chattanooga and Ironman Arizona. Linda and I mark our 36thanniversary on tomorrow, Tuesday, and we’ll celebrate with a short mid-week getaway a week later. 

There are now 11 weeks until Ironman Chattanooga (18 wks to IM Arizona). Fatigue is pretty high after this full week. It certainly impacted some of my workouts so I will back off a little this coming week, at least for running. I’ll wait until the following week to back off on the swim and bike. I had some good training this week. The long run on Sat. was 15 ½ miles at a good pace and a mid-week hilly run on the treadmill both were good. Most of the rest of the week was less than excellent but I’m looking forward to a better week ahead. 

Thank you to all of you who have donated to my fundraising efforts as part of the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation’s Team Challenge Iron Team. If you ever want to add to it, the link is: online.ccfa.org/goto/skipslade 

This week’s totals: 20hr 32min
Swim 3hr 29min – 11,663 yds(3 swims excluding a very easy 2000yd ocean swim on Sunday morning)
Bike 8hr 48min – 148 miles (3 rides)
Run 5hr 20min – 32.2 miles (3 runs + 1 short brick run)
Strength Training 2hr 56min

No comments:

Post a Comment